Lance Mackey was once again nominated for Best Outdoor Athlete this year in the world famous ESPY awards – but, alas, the award eluded the 2-time Iditarod & 4-time Yukon Quest champion.
The award’s winner; was disabled mountain climber, Scott Smiley. In 2005 while in Iraq, Smiley was severely injured during a suicide blast – and suffered blindness resulting from the accident. Smiley climbed Washington’s Mount Rainer – while overcoming this disability.
Though Lance didn’t win this race – he stated from his site that it was an absolute honor to be nominated for the award.
- Lance Mackey Nominated For 2008 ESPY Award
- Lance Mackey Wins 4th Consecutive Yukon Quest
- Jr. Musher Wins 2008 American Girl Contest
- The 25 Toughest Athletes of 2008 – Sports Illustrated
- Iditarod 2008 – The Race Is On!