IDITAROD XXXVII ROOKIE MUSHER Alan Peck, (Bib # 32) scratched at 10:59 p.m. Alaska Time (March 22, 2009) in Shaktoolik Checkpoint. The 43 year old musher from Eagle River Alaska said he made the decision based on what he felt was in the best interest of his team. He rested his team for a number of hours before he decided to scratch. He had fourteen dogs on his team when he made the decision.
- Melissa Owens Scratches In Elim
- Aaron Peck Scratches In Elim
- Jeff Holt Scratches Between Grayling and Eagle Island
- Hickel Scratches in Finger Lake – Iditarod 2009
- Bjornar Anderson Scratches In Takotna – Iditarod 2009