IDITAROD XXXVII MUSHER Bjornar Andersen, (Bib #18) scratched at 06:45 am (March 12, 2009) in Takotna Checkpoint. The 31 year old musher from Elverum Norway scratched after injuring himself in a sled crash that occurred on his way from Rohn to Nikolai. Bjornar traveled nearly 70 miles to Takotna before he made the decision. He had 15 dogs on his team when he scratched. The Norwegian musher will be transported to Anchorage for medical assessment.
- Hickel Scratches in Finger Lake – Iditarod 2009
- Nancy Yoshida Scratches in Rainy Pass – Iditarod 2009
- Hugh Neff First Out of Nikolai – Iditarod 2009
- A Morning of Snow, Crashes, and a Fast Race – Iditarod 2009
- Jason Mackey Scratches from 2009 Yukon Quest