Jackson, Wyoming—February 2, 2009—Wendy Davis from Lander, Wyo., posted the fastest time during Day Three of the IPSSSDR with 2:55:19. Sean Hard from Olney, Mont., came in second with 3:03:15. In third, Melanie Shirilla of Lincoln, Mont., had a time of 3:04:13.
Davis leads the race overall with a time of 5:53:23. Shirilla is second in the overall with a time of 6:02:51; Megan Routely of British Columbia, Canada, is third with a time of 6:12:38.
On Tuesday, February 3, teams will race a 64-mile stage in Big Piney/Marbleton before continuing to Alpine, Kemmerer/Diamondville, Evanston, Lyman/Mountain View, and finally Park City, Utah, for the final stage and awards ceremony on Saturday, February 7.
With its unique dog-friendly “stage stop” racing format, the IPSSSDR stops in a different community each night, allowing the host towns to show their hospitality. Festivities for mushers and spectators alike include pancake feeds, dog parades, banquets, carnivals, and snowshoe softball.
The Pedigree® brand actively supports a wide range of programs that promote responsible pet ownership and highlight the contributions dogs make to society.
- Davis Dominates Lander Stage in IPSSSDR; Hometown Musher Posts Fastest Time
- Davis Posts Fastest Time in IPSSSDR Day Four & Maintains Overall Lead
- Lander Team Posts Fastest Time in IPSSSDR Day Three & Leads Overall
- Shirilla Posts Fastest Time in Day Five of IPSSSDR & Moves into First Place Overall
- Shirilla Wins Again – Three-time Shirilla Wins 2008 IPSSSDR