IDITAROD XXXVII Rookie Mushers Kim Darst (bib #52) and Blake Matray (bib # 9) scratched between Iditarod and Shageluk at 8 pm this evening (Alaska Time). Darst had 13 dogs on her team and Matray had 14 dogs on his team when they decided to scratch. Both rookies made their decision based on the best interest of their teams.
Darst and Matray’s teams will begin moving toward Shageluk at first light, and will be escorted by Iditarod Trail Sweeps.
- Kurt Reich Scratches At Don’s Cabin
- Hickel Scratches in Finger Lake – Iditarod 2009
- Bjornar Anderson Scratches In Takotna – Iditarod 2009
- Rock Band Birdmonster Features Song Titled “The Iditarod”
- Nigel Is Found! – Iditarod 2009