February 21, 2009; 2300 AKST (Circle City, Alaska) - William Kleedehn continues to lead as the race crossed the Yukon / Alaska border. Kleedehn arrived in Circle City this evening at 10:46 PM local time.
Hugh Neff and Jon Little are not far behind as both mushers departed Slaven’s Roadhouse within three hours of the current leader. Sebastian Schnuelle and Brent Sass are currently in fourth and fifth place respectively.
The two mushers were separated by only one minute as they left Eagle, Alaska on Saturday afternoon.
The last team left left Dawson City at 1:42 PM local time on Saturday. As of the writing of this release, twelve teams have reached at least as far as Eagle.
- Hans Gatt Scratches from the 2009 Yukon Quest
- Kleedehn Wins Gold – Leads the Yukon Quest Field Into Dawson
- Lance Mackey Wins 4th Consecutive Yukon Quest
- Preparing For the Yukon Quest Trail Ahead
- David Dalton Scratches from 2009 Yukon Quest