IDITAROD XXXVII Musher Melissa Owens (bib #30) made the decision to scratch in Elim at 4:03 pm today (Alaska Time). The Nome Alaska musher had 10 dogs on her team when she made the decision. She left Elim heading toward White Mountain at 11:10:00 am. She made the decision to turn around and return to Elim. She scratched based on the team’s best interest.
- Jeff Holt Scratches Between Grayling and Eagle Island
- Kurt Reich Scratches At Don’s Cabin
- Hickel Scratches in Finger Lake – Iditarod 2009
- Bjornar Anderson Scratches In Takotna – Iditarod 2009
- David Dalton Scratches from 2009 Yukon Quest