On March 10th, 2009 IDITAROD XXXVII Musher Nancy Yoshida (Bib #3) encountered a series of events in the “Steps” on her way to Rainy Pass that forced her to scratch from the race. The impact of those events included losing one of her sled dogs, Nigel. Nancy and the rest of her team stayed put for hours hoping that Nigel would return and they could move forward. When Nigel didn’t return, she and the rest of her team made their way to Rainy Pass where Yoshida officially scratched. Nancy and the Iditarod continued to search for Nigel on the ground and in the air. Today Nigel was reunited with Nancy and his team mates after he appeared at Talavista Lodge in Skwentna.
- Nancy Yoshida Scratches in Rainy Pass – Iditarod 2009
- A Morning of Snow, Crashes, and a Fast Race – Iditarod 2009
- Cain Carter Wins 2009 Jr Iditarod Sled Dog Race
- The 2009 Iditarod Sled Dog Race – And So It Begins
- Hickel Scratches in Finger Lake – Iditarod 2009