IDITAROD XXXVII MUSHER David Sawatzky, (Bib # 66) scratched at 5:00 p.m. AKDT (March 21, 2009) between Safety and Nome. The 56 year-old musher from Healy, Alaska, had eleven dogs in his team when he made the decision. Sawatzky had been resting and leading his team (walking in front of them) for a number of miles before deciding to scratch.
- Kurt Reich Scratches At Don’s Cabin
- Aaron Peck Scratches In Elim
- Melissa Owens Scratches In Elim
- Jeff Holt Scratches Between Grayling and Eagle Island
- Hickel Scratches in Finger Lake – Iditarod 2009