The Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race is refered to as the “Last Great Race” or the “Iditarod”. The race is run on the Iditarod Trail and teams cover more than 1,000 miles of Alaskan terrain to reach the small northern town of Nome. Mushers brave high winds, freezing temperatures, and barren tundra plains.
- Cain Carter Wins 2009 Jr Iditarod Sled Dog Race
- The 2009 Iditarod Sled Dog Race – And So It Begins
- 2009 Iditarod Teacher On the Trail Selected
- Mackey Is The First To Reach Iditarod Gold
- A Morning of Snow, Crashes, and a Fast Race – Iditarod 2009