Question by country girl: How to train dog to not jump?
I have a 2 year old dog and I want to train him not to jump on people when they come to my house. He knows all the commands like sit and stay but when someone other than my parents or myself are at my house he gets overly excited, he is a cocker spainel so he “happy pees” when he meets someone new, I would just like to teach him how to be a Good Boy around new people. Any suggestions?
Answer by I don’t believe in designer
Instead of pushing him away put your knee up when he jumps and say down. When you push him, he sees this as attention.
Add your own answer in the comments!
- Q&A: How train dog to stop jumping up on people?
- Q&A: How do I train my dog to attack on command?
- How to train dogs to get use to new dog?
- How do you train a small dog that will not cooperate when you take him walking?
- How to train your husky pup to be a sled dog?