Question by Heather: Who was the youngest person to win the Iditarod?
Who was the youngest person to come in the top 30th places in the Iditarod?
Answer by Piper- Won UDX!
The youngest to *win*, i’m pretty sure, is Libby Riddles- who also was the first woman winner.
The youngest person to *run* is:
Dallas Seavey turned 18 on March 4, 2005. He is the youngest musher to run the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog race. The oldest musher to ever compete is Col. Norman Vaughan who will turn 88 in December. Col. Vaughan has completed the race four times and plans to go again in 1997 (Iditarod’s silver anniversary.)
What do you think? Answer below!
- First Person: 2011 Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race
- What was the original use for the Iditarod Trail?
- How do entrants and their dogs train for the Iditarod race?
- can an all schnauzer dog sled team participate in the iditarod and yukon quest?
- Q&A: When does the Iditarod start every year?