By telling the story of one race in detail, Firth follows the teams as they travel on the fractured ice of the Yukon River, through rugged, northern wilderness, over windswept mountains, in blizzards and bone-chilling cold. Yukon Quest shows in vivid detail the enormous commitment involved in caring for up to 14 dogs in a team. The book also includes anecdotes from all the races and a list of all the mushers who have ever participated, along with race results.
List Price: $ 14.95
- Sled-dog race stirs up business; the economic impact of the Yukon Quest.: An article from: Alaska Business Monthly
- Yukon Quest: The Story of the World’s Toughest Sled Dog Race
- Yukon Quest International Dog Sled Race 2012, Fairbanks, Alaska
- Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race
- Experience The Quest: Yukon Quest Sled Dog Race