Question by Katslookup – a Fostering Fool!: How do you train a dog?
I have seen many questions on training dogs in here, and the advice runs from on end of the spectrum to the other.
So, my question is: Is there ONE method of training that works for every dog?
Answer by Bozema
No, actually there isn’t. Basic puppy obedience training should focus on socialization and positive reinforcement. Also dealing with most behavioral problems requires a similar approach. But dogs with severe aggression problems sometimes need different approaches. However I never advocate any approach that is violent or causes fear or harm to the dog.
Add your own answer in the comments!
- How to train dogs to get use to new dog?
- Q&A: Can you train a house trained dog to use wee-wee pads ?
- Q&A: How train dog to stop jumping up on people?
- How do you house train a dog that’s over a year old?
- Q&A: How do I train my dog to attack on command?