Paulsen and his team of dogs endured snowstorms, frostbite, dogfights, moose attacks, sleeplessness, and hallucinations in the relentless push to go on. Map and color photographs.
Fueled by a passion for running dogs, Gary Paulsen entered the Iditarod–the 1150-mile winter sled-dog race between Anchorage and Nome– in dangerous ignorance and with a fierce determination. Winterdance is his account of this seventeen-day battle against Nature’s worst elements and his own frailty.
List Price: $ 15.00
List Price: $ 1.99
- Winterdance: The Fine Madness of Running the Iditarod
- Running With Champions: A Midlife Journey on the Iditarod Trail
- Iditarod [Blu-ray] Reviews
- Storm Run: The Story of the First Woman to Win the Iditarod Sled Dog Race Reviews
- Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way: Unconventional Sled Dog Secrets of an Alaskan Iditarod Champion, Vol. 1 Reviews